Saturday 25 August 2012

Old Cynic Me.


OK, I admit it I am old and cynical about the Canal And Rivers Trust. OK, I know that you already knew that. To be honest, I do not want CART to fail. But only because there is no other alternative option available. But I do feel totally disenfranchised by the top echelon,. Who I feel are still circling around the trough.

Yes, I know that there have been pay cuts and redundancies. However, the anointed few are still on more than the Prime Minister and he runs the country. Its the same people that have failed us in the past. It's the same people who are asking us to trust them. These same people are going to take us on to a bright new future. I just don't have any confidence in them whatsoever.





I am sure that I am not alone in feeling that we missed a golden opportunity with the formation of CART. It was an opportunity to have a good clear out of the dross. It was a great opportunity to put in place a whole set of new people that I and others could feel confident about. If I look at the state of the canals we have travelled this year. I would find it hard to take any reasonable section of canal and declare it problem free. This failing state of the nations canals has been brought about on the watch of the British Waterway Board. I keep banging on about it, but every broken paddle, every mud bank, every shopping trolley rusting away, every leaking lock gate, is an indictment of a poor maintained state brought about by piss poor management.

Today I read in the "Third Sector" magazine "The cyclists Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish have helped to raise £1,300 for the new charity the Canal & River Trust by donating an autographed cycle jersey." The first thought that went through my mind was. If we could get Wiggins and Cavendish to sign a couple of thousand more we could pay the first years wage for the CEO!


Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.