Sunday 20 October 2013

Taking and Giving Advice

Taking and Giving Advice

If a narrowboat hits a gate, on a lock, upon a river;
chips away, a bit of wood, then I begin to quiver;
angry words, to the boater, I shall deliver;
I hope their a taker, for my advice, I am a giver.

For each and every broken paddle, on a lock, upon a river;
there's another, a matching one, that causes me to shiver;
sharp words, to the trust, I shall again deliver;
I hope their a taker, for best advice, I am a giver.

For each water leak in a gate, on a lock, upon a river;
rotting away, a piece of wood, as CaRT begin to dither;
forceful words, to the engineer, I shall deliver;
I hope their a taker, for good advice, I am a giver.

Spend money on a broken gate, on a lock, upon a river;
seems to me, the only way, is not to let it wither;
sharp words, to the bean counter, I shall deliver;
I hope their a taker, for advice, I am a giver.

Other canal poems can be found here Click Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.