Thursday 27 September 2012

1000 days!

Today is is something of an anniversary. It is exactly 1000 days and some 900 plus postings, since the start of this blog. In that time, many changes have taken place. We have found our ideal boat. We have both retired from working in higher education. We have started to spend more time on the boat and less time ashore! 

I can't help but wonder what the next 1000 days will bring.


I must be doing something that attracts people to come back to the blog. 77,000 viewings and counting. It does not seem all that long ago that I was commenting on the 10,000 viewing. Looking back over the last year or so I have spread the main topic (narrow-boats) to include more personal observations on life. That I think is the key. There are a whole raft of BBC types (Boat Blogger's Club) who are covering the subject. I am just one amongst the many. I do however frequently wander off the beaten track then share my thoughts with you all. 


Humour is a big part of my make up as I enjoy a good laugh at my expense or yours. I think and hope that this is reflected in my blog. I have made a more concerted effort to vary the content a bit. Boating as a subject has plenty of people who are blogging about their day-to-day activities. For me I changed the content to offer more observations on life and at the same time injecting a large dose of wry humour and satire along the way. Being a technological nerd with a sense of humour is breaking away from the traditional stereotype of the twelve pen shirt pocket.




We are now drawing towards the end of our cruise for this year. A couple of weeks will see us back at our home mooring once more. We have many tales to tell of our experiences and adventures. Now, it's time to start planning for next year. I also have to start planning the upgrades and changes that I need to do to Rosie. Starting with a full service and a few jobs that have been allowed to hang over from last year.

I have created a poll that will run between now and the 1st of January 2013. It's not very scientific. Its a simple question "Will CART Succeed". You have three choices Yes, Unsure and No. Now you can vote for one of the three choices. If you change your mind before the poll closing date. You can come back and change your vote. (I wish we could do that for politicians) You will find the poll option on the right hand side just below the members pictures.


Later....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.