Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Big One (14-4)




Wednesday 4th July 2012




Today is the anniversary day, when our old colonial subjects in the west were set free. The 4th of July 1776 a day of Independence inspired by a sea made of tea.


Gas Street Basin is now so familiar to us as we get to know the centre of Birmingham a bit better. We are also getting to know the crews on the boat that collects the rubbish and the crew on the various craft carrying kids and visitors around the area.


But today, it happened the gas powered mobile phone gave up the ghost and refused to show the list of stored contacts. However if anyone rings it highlights who is calling. Not only that, a full recharge takes less than 10 mins. The phone runs for a couple of hours and asks to be recharged again. Feeling like I should use the old engineers trick of hitting it with a hammer. I managed to contain myself and go down the phone shop and get a new phone.


An Android Galaxy Ace from Samsung is now in pride of place. Its much better than the old one - well it works for a start. I'm still finding my way around but I think it will also make tea. I turned it on and it highlighted that we were in gas street and gave me a five day weather report for the area.


I love a good gadget.... wheeee....


The Descent of Man



Daily Total
Miles: 0.0
Locks: 0
Swing/Lift Bridges: 0
Tunnels: 0
Pump Outs: 0
Engine Hours: 0.0
Diesel: 0




Accumulated Totals
Miles: 970.4
Locks: 722
Swing / Lift Bridges: 119
Tunnels: 9
Pump Outs: 11
Engine Hours: 2250.3
Diesel: 40L (49.57)




Later......





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.